Tuesday, December 29, 2009

worlds apart.

So yesterday I went to a New Jersey hockey game. Now I’ve been to about thirty games before so this was not a new experience for me. (My dad’s job is amazing at providing free tickets to about any event imaginable, my family just likes hockey). But this time I was paying particular attention to the crowds around me. I was sitting in a section reserved especially for specific people and had access to all the food and drink we wanted. And it struck me then the difference between the people I was sitting with then and the people I will be sitting with in just a few days in the Philippines. And it made me wonder what world I fit into. Do I fit into the world where people pay two hundred and fifty dollars for two hours of entertainment, or the world where people work every day just to pay for the next day’s meal? I wonder if I can fit into both, or if I want to fit into either at all?

[Katie]

No comments:

Post a Comment